Kelly is a MSBA Certified Real Property Specialist, a distinction held by fewer than 3% of all registered attorneys in Minnesota. She has a proven track record of successfully resolving complex real estate matters, including cartways, partitions, CIC developments, prescriptive easements, road access issues, boundary disputes, and land development.
Kelly, the owner of Klun Law Firm, also practices in the areas of estate planning, trusts, business, litigation, municipal, and school law.
Kelly knows the steps to keep the family cabin “in the family.” She can personalize your will, trusts, power of attorney, and health care directive to meet your individual needs well recognizing the unique needs of family cabins in northern Minnesota.
Kelly is the City Attorney for the City of Ely, and also represents Independent School District 696 and Ely-Bloomenson Community Hospital.
Born and raised in Ely, Kelly represents multiple generations of clients in all areas of their legal needs.
“Simply put, my practice consists of representing the best interests of individuals, cities, schools, health care entities, and businesses. I am committed to providing my clients with the knowledge and confidence they need to make great decisions for themselves and/or the entity they represent.”
Bar Admissions and Education
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Minnesota, MBA, 2016
- College of St. Scholastica, Applied Economics, 2005
- Minnesota State Bar, 2008
- United States Federal Court, 2010
Honors and Distinctions
- Minnesota State Bar Certified Real Estate Specialist
- Minnesota Lawyer 2011 Up and Coming Attorney
- Labo Entrepreneurial Leadership Award, 2014
- Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy, Editor
- Ely-Bloomenson Community Hospital, Board of Directors
- Incredible Ely, Board of Directors
- Northeast Entrepreneur Fund, former Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Ely